Saturday, June 5, 2010

Couldn't have done it with out ya!!!

So I know its been FOREVER since I've posted a blog. I'd like to say I'm going to post regularly, but I'd probably end up doing you all like I did my diary :D. I've been super busy. I graduated from college with a teaching degree a year ago, but was unable to get a contract because of a work survey. In the mean time I was substituting and was able to hold a vacancy for about 4 months with these crazy little 4th graders. I know some of you might be thinking "Aw, those cute lil' buggers"...well, they aren't that cute after a week or two with them, but not the less I will miss them. I'd have to say I'm glad I had such a tough class, they've shown me what It could be like and that I can hold my ground and still be a great teacher. Sometimes though, I really felt like it was too much and if it weren't for the supportive staff and the happy hour days, I couldn't have made it through. I decided to make a lil' thank you card and add a Starbucks gift card for all the shoulders I left soaking hehe. I found this awesome Stampabilities bear at Hobby Lobby for $2 (STEAL RIGHT???) and thought it'd be perfect.

They were super simple, and super fast. You can't really tell, but they are stamped on creme cardstock and I used my pale pink Copic and Skin white for the lil bear that was stamped in Chestnut Roan chalk ink(I love this stuff). The saying is from Verve stamps. I forgot the name of the set, but it includes others like "i want tohold your hand" and such...super cute!! Here's a close up of the card:
Thanks for stopping by!! Oh..P.S.....I ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB NOW...My badge will no longer read "Substitute"(which I hated by the way 'cause the kids think your not that important)but will now read TEACHER(EEEKK!!!! Super Excited!!) I'll be teaching 1st grade bilingual :D.Just wanted to share that lil bit of news :D Thanks again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment